But are you paying attention to what’s going on??? My heart is so heavy….. so heavy…
An attorney for the family of John Crawford III, the man fatally shot by police in an Ohio Walmart store, says surveillance video contradicts the police department’s version of events. Officers say Crawford refused to drop the pellet gun he was holding, but the video allegedly shows them gunning him down “on sight.”
Crawford, 22, was shopping at the Beavercreek, Ohio store on Aug. 5 whenpolice responded to another customer’s report that Crawford was carrying an AR-15 rifle. He was actually holding a pellet air rifle he had just picked up from a shelf in the store’s toy department.
Attorney Michael Wright says he viewed surveillance video that shows Crawford was facing away from the cops and talking to his girlfriend on the phone when police spotted him, and didn’t have the toy gun raised. Hetold WDTN Crawford probably didn’t see or hear the officers before he was shot.
"John was doing nothing wrong in Walmart, nothing more, nothing less than shopping,"Wright said, according to Reuters.
#johncrawford #rip #justice #dontshoot
stuff I have decided today to be sure of myself:
- I am absolutely applying for the rhodes & marshall scholarships and will ask for help when I need it
- I am not going to apply for the fulbright arts scholarship HOWEVER
- I am going to ask about fellowship grants for poetry and literature study and research what kind of grants I can apply for at school
- and I’m going to keep working on “self-portrait” but I am also going to stop being shy and start thinking of it as a chapbook
- I’m going to work hard on “self-portrait” and work on edits and be really tough and flexible and I’m going to try to publish it as a chapbook
- I can do it
- I can be a lot of things at once
- I am thinking of so many plans for the future and it is okay if they don’t all happen now
- but all of them are good
- and I am good at taking care of myself and I will be okay
ppl always ask me “”what are you going to do with your degree”“ and “"if you wanna get a PHD how do you plan on paying for it"" and ""where are you gonna move after college"" but here is the thing:
i am very powerful and cute and im gonna float through this world one day at a time. please leave me alone.
Rocio Montoya is a photographer, graphic designer and editor based in Madrid, Spain. Her specialty is the experimental photography, land on which has moved from its creative inception. Also passionate for the editorial design, in 2010 she founded the DOZE Magazine, which has co-directed and designed until its closure in June 2014.
In addition to her personal work, Rocio Montoya has done numerous fashion editorials and has worked as a newspaper photojournalist.
She also publishes on @Tumblr
artist find at actegratuit