“All but 3 of America’s 185 wealthiest families are white.”"American wealth" remains a gentle way of saying "white wealth" (via micdotcom)
finished my summer class tonight & 45 minutes candle-lit yoga and feeling prepared and strong.
one more month (and a week!) of summer to:
- begin seriously researching cathedrals as radical spaces for narratives
- research cults of virgin mary and mary magdalene and continue their development as gothic bodies
- throw myself into writing/editing my self-portraiture series
- go to: capitola, the redwoods, santa cruz, bernal slide, cayuga park again, multiple pizza places, fancy boba place, de young, museum of craft, green apple, city lights, poetry reading, mount tam (and vancouver)
- go to: minature tigers, arcade fire, clap your hands say yeah, outside lands
- keep strong and flexible by: yoga practice, candles, ridding myself of old things and clothes, writing letters, journaling and writing critically about my thoughts and experiences
- turn in work for internships that I am proud of and could not have done better
“The witch craze took different forms at different times and places, but never lost its essential character: that of a ruling class campaign of terror directed against the female peasant population.”Barbara Ehrenreich and Deirdre English, Witches, Midwives, & Nurses (via catalytic-chamber)
CEMENT ECLIPSES @ CHIAPAS MEXICO
Artist Isaac Cordal (tumblr / facebook) - “With the simple act of miniaturization and thoughtful placement, Isaac Cordal magically expands the imagination of pedestrians finding his sculptures on the street. Cement Eclipses is a critical definition of our behavior as a social mass. The art work intends to catch the attention on our devalued relation with the nature through a critical look to the collateral effects of our evolution. With the master touch of a stage director, the figures are placed in locations that quickly open doors to other worlds. The scenes zoom in the routine tasks of the contemporary human being”.